First, Let’s look at an interaction in which the mother used a general ineffective praise. What thoughts and feeling did the kid has after such interaction?
* I did a good job.
* What did I do good?
* Did mommy paid attention at all?
* What did mommy like about it?
* Does mommy want to talk about my picture more?
* Next time she will say exactly the same?!
Now, observe another kind of interaction in which mommy describe what she see and what she likes about it.
* I did a good job!
* Mommy did pay attention.
* I drew some swirls. What are swirls anyway? Mommy said something about the wind…
* What else can I draw so mommy will like and pay attention?…
* I feel good.
See how you can implement this skill in your daily life.
Comment and describe interaction in which you used this skill.