Welcome to Science kids!!!
Great first Session thanks to all the kids and parents that participated.
In this session we explored mixing colors by going through the science circle.
First, we observed colors with the Cube game.
We tossed the color cube and everyone went for a hunt after the color the cube showed.
Next we listened to the story about Chili the Cat and Eeny, Meeny and Miny the mice and asked the question:
How we can create a new color by mixing colors?
We explored mixing colors in 4 stations and shared all our creations in the middle of the circle.
Mixing Tempra paint
The magic top
Stained Glass creation
Creating a playdough mouse.
Now every kid picked one creation and documented it in his journal. Thank you Nelly, Evelyn and Danielle for sharing your documentation with all the kids.
At the end we got back to our mice to see how they were mixing themselves in color and found a hiding place from Chili the cat.
And now we can repeat the science circle again and again at home :
- Talk more about colors and mixing colors, Ask questions about the documentation. Have them document another creation from the class.
- Ask about the different stations. For example, compare different methods that we used to mix colors.
- Repeat the activities again at home. Kids LOVE repetition they will be happy to mix playdough again create another spinner, mix more tempera paint and make another stained glass art.
- Try more color related activities. Here is a great one to try: http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/milk-color-explosion.
- Read books about colors or highlight the subject when you’re reading a book.
You are welcome to post a short video of an activity you and your kid did related to colors and mixing them or tell about it by commenting to this post.
Next time it’s all about SPACE!!!
See you next time,