This week the kids enjoyed experimenting with a magnetic wand. We sensed the magnetic force and the force should be invested to separate a magnet from a metal object.
In the cube game:
- We imagined we are magnets that attracts metal but also special magnets that attracts red things.
- We also created two piles. One that a magnet will attract and another that magnets won’t attract. Than with the magnetic wand we checked our predictions.
Next we met again Chili and the 3 mice. They had adventure with magnets.
In the exploration stations:
We made a magnetic fishing game.
Painted with magnets.
Fed the metal monster with the magnetic wand.
At home, Keep exploring magnets.
- Strengthen the fine motor skills with this activity. Fill a bottle of water and put a paper clip inside, than with a magnet help the paper clip go out of the bottle. To complicate, draw a path on the bottle and try guiding the paper clip through the path.
- Fill a container with beans and variety of objects. Using a magnet find the metal ones.
- Use alphabet magnet and a pole to fish one letter and think about words that begins with the letter you have.
Next time it’s about Shapes.
See you all,