What a journey we had in those 8 sessions. Thank you all for taking an active part in the first “Science kids” program.
This week we explored Gravity and Friction. First, we jumped and dropped to discover that things are falling to the ground due to a strong force named Gravity.
Than, in the cube game we explored the variety of ways humans, animals and objects are overcoming it.
Variety of tools people creates such as the crane:
Our story was about Chili trying to use Gravity to make the mice fall into his hands. We helped the mice find ways to overcome gravity and escape from Chili.
in the exploration stations the kids enjoyed playing with the ramps and exploring different height of slopes.
We also explored Friction in two station:
1. With different kinds of mats – Yoga mat, bath mat and the floor.
2. A ramp where we tried sliding objects with various frictions, hence speeding differently on the ramp. We noticed that friction is one way to overcome Gravity because some of the objects didn’t move, even when placed on the ramp.
Keep it going at home by:
1. Building lots of ramp and using toy car and other objects sliding them. Here are some pictures of Yehonatan and Tamar’s ramp from the summer while playing with their toy cars suitcase.
2. Here is a link for a resource with lots of toy car ideas:
3. Friction is one way to overcome gravity. Here is a link to episode of “Sid the science kid” in which Sid is explores Friction. A good reminder for the activities we explored. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMSx21gKFM.
See you in the next program of “Science kids”.
Until than – Don’t stop exploring!