This week we had a pre – Garden party theme of Trees. We explored around two main questions: What are the parts of the tree? and what are trees good for?
In the cube game
- We imagined ourselves to be a leaf, a trunk, branches, fruits, roots. Imagining support understanding about the connection between form and function. For example, a trunk is strong and thick because its function is to hold the tree without moving. It’s the base of the tree.
- Discussed what trees are good for. Trees has so many purposes. For example,read together this comics about the functions of the leaf.
Chili and the mice explored a tree in their garden.
We created a tree in stages through our exploration stations:
First we used a special technique to create leaves.
- Glued the leaves we made,
- Used yarn to create the trunk, branches and roots
- And colored fruit die cuts.
At home keep it going by:
- Show case your creation and continue the conversation about parts of the trees and their function. For example: why fruits are round? why roots are long and strong? What creatures feed on different parts of the tree?
- Tree and color. collect leaves from the same tree and arrange them by different hues. Pay attention to the colors of the different parts of the tree.
- Two fantastic books about trees are: “The Lorax” and “The Giving Tree”. Both are about how much we need trees and are excellent to promote the love for trees.
See you next Thursday in the Garden party.